Cream of Wheat Chocolate Chip Pudding
Cream of Wheat A wonderful Cream of Wheat dessert or afternoon snack.
Recipe makes: 4 servings
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup Cream of Wheat, uncooked
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- whipped cream (optional)
- additional unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
- semisweet mini chocolate chips (optional)
Heat milk in saucepan over medium heat until it just begins to bubble. Add Cream of Wheat, butter, 1 tablespoon cocoa and salt. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until mixture thickens.
Add 1/4 cup chocolate chips. Cook and stir until chocolate melts. Remove from heat. Stir in marshmallow crème, a little at a time. Serve warm. Garnish with whipped cream, cocoa and mini chocolate chips, if desired.
- For a delicious taste twist, substitute butterscotch chips or white chocolate chips for the semisweet chocolate chips.