Serve this apple crumble warm from the oven topped with frozen vanilla yogurt or ice cream.
6 large apples, cored, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 1/4 cups Cream of Wheat Maple Brown Sugar, divided
7 tablespoons softened butter, divided
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch pie plate or baking dish with Baker?s Joy non-stick spray with flour; set aside.
- Toss apples and cranberries with ¼ cup Cream of Wheat. Arrange in prepared dish. Cut 1 tablespoon butter into small pieces and arrange over apples.
- In medium bowl, cut remaining butter into remaining Cream of Wheat until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in walnuts.
- Evenly sprinkle crumb mixture over apples.
- Bake 45 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from creamofwheat.com