The Masters Pimiento Cheese
My interpretation of the pimiento cheese recipe served annually for over 40 years at the Masters Gold Tournament in Augusta, Georgia. I believe you will enjoy.
- 10 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 ounces Pepper Jack cheese, grated
- 1 garlic clove, rough chopped
- 1 medium Kosher dill pickle, chopped
- 1 jar pimentos (4 ounces), drained, chopped, and juice reserved
- 1/4 teaspoon Tobasco sauce
- A dash of Worcestershire
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's Mayonnaise
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
In the bowl of a food processor, combine garlic, dill pickle, Tabasco, Worcestershire, and mayonnaise. Pulse until well combined and transfer mixture to a medium bowl.
Add both cheeses, pimentos, salt and pepper. Mix by hand until all ingredients are well combined. If necessary add a small amount of pimento juice to make mixture creamier.
Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Spread will keep for up to a week in the refrigerator.