Instead of setting your alarm clock, set your mind to make breakfast muffins sprinkled with cinnamon and Spam With Bacon. If that doesn’t wake you up, nothing will.
Recipe Makes 18 Muffins
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 12-ounce can diced Spam with Bacon and sautéed in small amount of butter
4 divided large egg
1/3 cup maple-flavored syrup
2 tablespoons divided plus 1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup divided plus 2 tablespoons warm milk
2 1/4-ounce packages rapid-rise yeast
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Lightly coat 18 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- To make batter, in large bowl, combine flour, yeast, 2 tablespoons sugar, the salt, 2/3 cup milk, the butter and 1 egg; mix well. Place about 1 tablespoon batter into each muffin cup.
- In small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar and the cinnamon; mix well. Divide and sprinkle sugar-cinnamon mixture over muffins. Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon Spam With Bacon over each muffin.
- In separate bowl, whisk together remaining 3 eggs and 2 tablespoons milk. Pour about 1 tablespoon egg mixture over each muffin. Drizzle muffins with syrup.
- Place muffin pans in cold oven. Heat oven to 350ºF. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until egg mixture is set.
- Cool muffins in pan 5 minutes. Remove muffins from pan; serve warm or at room temperature. Serve with additional maple syrup for dipping, if desired.
Recipe Courtesy of Hormel Foods Corporation