Carolina Slaw Dog
Delicious Carolina style slaw dogs topped with a creamy tangy coleslaw.
Recipe makes 8 servings.
For the Dog
- 8 all-beef wieners, boiled or grilled
- 8 plain hot dog buns, side split
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- Yellow mustard, to taste
- Southern style hot dog chili sauce, to taste
For the Slaw
- 2 cups hand grated green cabbage
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup dill salad cubes
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon everything bagel seasoning
Add the grated cabbage, carrot, onion and pickle to a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar and seasonings together then pour over the cabbage mixture, stir to combine. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
To assemble slaw dogs; place a wiener in a hot dog bun and top with mustard, onion and chili sauce the top with coleslaw.