Smoked Gouda Grits
These creamy Southern style Smoked Gouda Grits taste like Sunday brunch.
This recipe makes 8 servings
- 2-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup coarse stone-ground grits (not instant)
- 4 Tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 4 ounces smoked Gouda, grated
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh chives
Bring milk, salt, and 2-1/2 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Gradually whisk in grits until smooth. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook, whisking occasionally, until creamy but still with some bite, 20–25 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in butter and cheese; season with salt and pepper.
Serve topped with chives.