2 tablespoons brandy
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup dried blueberries
1/4 cup dried cherries, roughly chopped
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup eggnog
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons water
3/4 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan or Bundt pan.
- In a small bowl, combine brandy, cranberries, blueberries, and chopped cherries. Allow berries to soak while you mix the batter (about 15 or 20 minutes).
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and continuing to mix. Alternately add the dry mixture and eggnog, mixing just until incorporated. Fold in fruit mixture and vanilla. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, water, and 3/4 cup sugar. Brush entire cake with glaze.