Double Chocolate Pancakes
These are decadent double chocolate pancakes are a perfectly indulgent way to kick start your day? They would also make a pretty sweet late night snack.
Recipe makes 8 pancakes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/2 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
Heat oven to 250 degrees.
In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, sugars, 1-1/4 cups buttermilk, the melted butter and the vanilla extract.
In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, instant espresso, baking powder and salt.
Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and whisk until combined. Add remaining buttermilk if mixture is too thick. Fold in the chocolate chips and allow to sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
Heat a griddle or cast-iron pan over medium heat. Brush with canola oil and allow it to get hot. Drop 1/4-cup portions of the batter onto the griddle and cook until bubbles begin to rise to the surface, approximately 2 minutes, then flip and cook for another minute or two. As pancakes are ready, place them on a baking sheet and keep them warm in the oven.
Serve stacked with raspberries, strawberries, and warm maple syrup.