This homemade sloppy joe recipe is quick, easy, and inexpensive. One both children and adults alike will ask for over and over again. Recipe makes 8 sandwiches.
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cup tomato ketcup
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 small burger buns # Whatcha Do:
- Heat oil in a large frying pan set over medium-high heat. Cook onion and pepper for 5 minutes.
- Add beef to the pan. Cook, stirring until browned, about 5 to 10 minutes. Drain off fat.
- Stir in ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve on your favorite burger buns.