Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
Sometimes making you own is better than the bottled stuff from the grocer. One taste of this recipe and you'll know why Ranch is the most popular dressing in America.
Recipe makes about 1-1/3 cups
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, best quality such as Hellmann's or Duke's
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (see note)
- 1 scant teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Few dashes Tabasco sauce, optional
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk well. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Chill until ready to serve.
- The dressing will keep well in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. The garlic flavor gets stronger the longer it sits, so you might want to cut back if you're planning on making it in advance. The dressing will thicken up to more of a dip consistency as it chills.