Lemon Chess Pie
A solid lemon pie recipe is a must in any cook's repertoire, and this lemon chess pie recipe will certainly fill the bill.
Recipe Makes: One 9-inch Pie
- 1 pie shell, 9-inch, frozen, refrigerated, or home-made
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 Tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon finely grated lemon peel, plus more for garnish, if desired
- pinch salt
Beat eggs well; add sugar, butter, and cornmeal, beating well after each addition.
Stir in lemon juice, grated lemon peel, and salt.
Pour into unbaked pie shell.
Bake in preheated 325° F (165° C/Gas 3) oven until set and lightly browned, about 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.