Spam Classic gives this classic macaroni dish a deliciously tasty twist.
Recipe Makes One 2-Quart Casserole
8 ounces elbow macaroni
1 12-ounce can Spam Classic, diced
2 tablespoons divided butter or margarine
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 pinch cayenne pepper
2 cups milk
1/2 pound diced processed sharp American cheese
1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs, about 1 slice
1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease 2-quart casserole.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- In casserole, stir together Spam Classic and macaroni.
- In medium saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Blend in flour, salt, mustard, black pepper and cayenne until smooth. Stir in milk; cook over medium heat, stirring, until mixture thickens and boils. Add cheese; cook, stirring, until cheese is melted. Pour over Spam mixture; mix well.
- In microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter; stir in breadcrumbs and paprika. Sprinkle over macaroni. Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
Courtesy of Hormel Food Corporation