Recipe makes one 9-inch pie
5 cups muscadine grapes, rinsed
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 tbs. lemon juice
1 tbs. Grated orange rind
pastry for 2-crust pie
2 tbs. margarine
- Separate pulp from skins.Set skins aside.
- Boil pulp until seeds loosen, then press through a sieve to separate pulp from seeds.
- Cook pulp with skins until tender. Add sugar, flour, lemon juice, and orange rind. Mix well.
- Put in pastry-lined 9-inch pie plate. Top with margarine. Add top pastry. Seal edges and slit top.
- Bake at 400 degrees about 40 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of North Carolina Grape Council